Air filters arrest less than 15% of pollutants, leaving 85% to enter your homes, offices, and workplaces. With today’s advanced building technology our enclosed spaces have become very airtight and efficient trapping most of the contaminants. According to the Environment Protection Agency, the average American spends 93% of their lives indoors. This then means that the quality of air is of critical importance.
The effects of an unclean duct
While research has not conclusively proved that cleaning of air ducts actually reduce pollutants in our homes, it is still important. You may then ask, why clean air ducts? There are very valid points why ducts should be cleaned. If ducts become Infested with vermins like rodents, insects then duct cleaning will be very appropriate. This is to ensure that no transmission of Infection happens. If there is an accumulation of dust and debris that they are released into your home, then duct cleaning will be the most logical course of action. If there is a substantial growth of mold, algae in your system. This points out to a bigger underlying issue like leakage in your HVAC system. The underlying problem should be fixed as well as cleaning the duct.
What exactly does air duct cleaning entail?
Air duct cleaning is based on the principle of physical removal of accumulated dirt, insect, pollen or any other contaminant visible to the naked eye. Others go as far as dosing biocides to air ducts to prevent the growth of algae and bacteria. Hand cleaning tools which include hand brushes and agitation machines are commonly employed in air duct cleaning in phoenix. They usually dislodge the accumulated and petrified deposits. Pneumatic tools like blowguns then push the particles towards the collection point where vacuum cleaners then suck them in.
Air duct cleaning
Numerous companies offer these services. Phoenix is located in Arizona which is a desert. Daytime temperatures during summer are very high while in winter it becomes very cold. This means that 90% of household have HVAC systems which utilize air ducts. Air duct cleaning in is big business employing thousands of people. From small start ups to established companies, The city is awash with cleaning companies. Hundreds of companies offer these services. With a population of over a million people, this is no surprise. Air duct cleaning costs vary depending on the size of duct, the location of the duct (chimney, outdoor, attic, etc.), type of system needing cleaning (heating or cooling ducts). The application of a disinfectant is required to control dust mites and bacteria will be desirable. Most companies offering such services in Phoenix customize their service to meet customers desires. They usually have well-developed websites with their digital footprint being quite large.…Read More